Last night, and all of yesterday really, was a freaking disaster! In retrospect, I probably should have gone immediately back to bed and stayed there. I’m not sure what I did, but karma has definitely been biting me in the booty.
- Maxwell knocked/ dragged me down the stairs yesterday morning as I was taking him out.
- At lunch, a coworker accidentally tripped me, and I went face first into the kitchen door frame.
- I headed to my parents’ house for dinner which was epic fail. They made flounder, mashed baby red potatoes, and brussel sprouts. The flounder was okay, the potatoes weren’t cooked all the way so they took on the consistency of wallpaper paste and tasted terrible. It was out of pure desperation that I even tried the brussel sprouts. Guess what? I discovered I actually like them now.
- My mom and I went tithe library after dinner. I needed to renew my card, change my address, reset the pin for my online account, and borrow “Eating Animals.” That was a nightmare. Before I could reset my pin, I had to renew my card, but I couldn’t renew my card because I had a $7.80 late fee. I didn’t have cash or my checkbook on me so I couldn’t pay the fine. They librarian told me I could use a credit card and pay online, but since I couldn’t remember my pin I couldn’t do that…and I couldn’t reset it until I had my new card which I couldn’t get because I I couldn’t pay my fine online. I was getting so frustrated I started getting a little rude (which I almost never do!) Finally I walked away and asked my mom for the cash. I paid my fine, got my new card, and reset my pin. After all this, “Eating Animals” is checked out until 8-5!!!
- After the library, we headed to Joanne Fabrics to find material so my mom can make me curtains for my dining room and office. After about 20 minutes of browsing (and feeling frustrated because I do not have any design skills!), I finally found a fabric I liked for the office. Of course, at $17.99 a yard, my curtains would have cost $90. Another 10 minutes later I found another option. I needed 5 yards; the bolt had just over 4.
- After spending so much time at Joann Fabrics, we never even made it to Trader Joe’s!
- The icing on the cake was nearly hitting a state trooper car when he turned out of a parking lot no lights, no sirens out of no where right in front of me. Even my mom never saw him until he was coming right at us.
- I dropped my mom off only to get a text as I was about halfway home that the fabric for the kitchen curtains was still in my car…of course it was!
I definitely ended the night on the couch with a bottle of wine from my fridge. The wine was a little off since it had been opened for a bit, but I was so beyond caring! I went to bed early and hoped today would be better.
So far, it’s not looking so good! I fell up the stair from my garage.
I had to break into my stash of “emergency spinach” since I didn’t make it to TJ’s to buy more.
When I don’t get through spinach fast enough I put it in the freezer before it starts going bad for use in green monsters or in “emergency” situations such as today.
Breakfast was tasty, but my omlette didn’t fold over very well; I burned my toast (even though I didn’t change any of the settings on the toaster), and my strawberries where nearly bad.
The photo is much prettier than it was in real life actually.
My bus was late, and when I finally got on the bus, I realized I forgot a sweater. My dress is fine (from an appropriateness standpoint), but it is sleeveless so I will probably be chilly at work all day.
So far the only thing that’s gone well this morning is S’bucks made me a FANTASTIC Light Caramel Frappacino.
The funny thing is, despite the disastrous 24 hours, I’m in the best mood I’ve been in for at least a week. I feel like my revelations of the last couple days have really lifted a weight off my shoulders. I’m feeling pretty positive about life in general right now. I know that despite things going wrong, I am in control. I can make the decision to get upset about the burnt toast and give up on it, or I can scrape off the burned part and eat it anyway. It’s a choice. It’s my choice.
(Plus my friend Nik and I are going to see Toy Story 3 tonight, and nothing will ruin that for me!)