Apparently Border’s is not the only store I should not be allowed in without adult supervision. I shouldn’t be allowed in Whole Foods either apparently. I went in for barley and walked out with $51 worth of stuff including whole wheat pastry flour, whole wheat flour, and white flour from the bulk bins, a jar of Maranatha Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, and assorted items needed to make some vegan cupcakes. Making vegan cupcakes was exactly what I did when I got home.
Behold…Vegan Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes (adapted from the Lemony Vanilla Cupcake and Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting recipes in Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.)
Lemony Vanilla Cupcakes
1 c almond milk
1 t apple cider vinegar
1/2 c + 2 T whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 c + 2 T all-purpose flour
2 T cornstarch
3/4 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/3 c canola oil
3/4 c granulated sugar
2 t vanilla extract
1 T lemon juice
1 small lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Whisk together almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside a few minutes
- Beat together the almond milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest in large bowl
- Sift in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until no large lumps remain
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way and bake for 20 to 22 minutes
Raspberry Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 c Earth Balance, softened
1/4 c vegan cream cheese, softened
about 6 raspberries, pureed
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- Cream together margarine and vegan cream cheese.
- Blend in raspberry puree
- Whip in powdered sugar 1/2 c at a time.
Once cupcakes have cooled, frost and top with a fresh raspberry garnish.
This cupcake was delicious!