I really love to cook and try new recipes, but I tend to talk myself out of making new things out of fear that I’ll “screw them up” or “they’ll flop.” The Culinary Bucket List is just like it sounds – as bucket list of culinary adventures I want to undertake. My plan is to document and post my undertakings. I’m sure I’ll add more items to the list as I think of things I’d like to make. I’ve added this page as a reference point for my list as well as my recap posts.
The Culinary Bucket List
- Make a risotto that doesn’t suck. (I actually did this shortly after I started writing the list.)
- Make a pumpkin pie from a pumpkin
Get over my fear of making yeast dough
- Bake Whole Wheat Everything bagels
- Can something (& don’t give anyone botulism!)
- Made homemade apple butter
- Decorate a cake using fondant
- Make my own sushi rolls.
- Create a dish of my own – no recipes!
- Make homemade granola
- Eat black bean burgers again. (Make them myself)
- Make kale chips
What does a girl do when she had a serious craving for enchiladas, a broken oven, no tortillas, and a wicked tight budget. Why she creates Enchilada Spaghetti of course! (#9)
For Thanksgiving 2010, I decided to bake my own pies starting with a pumpkin. (#2)