Last week’s weight: 153lbs
This week’s weight: 151.4.lbs
Total Loss: -13.4lbs, this session: -5.4 lbs
To quote Angel… “Numfar, do the dance of joy!”
I was definitely doing the dance of joy when I weighed in last night. That is another new low! Now let’s just hope that I don’t gain half of it back next week which seems to the trend for me following a big loss. Honestly, I was actually kind of surprised by the big loss this week. I had a good week, and I was definitely expecting to lose some. However, I did kind of overdo it with the Super Bowl snacking so I was legitimately surprised and super excited by this week’s loss!
I’ve been cranking out the activity points lately, and while I didn’t stick to last week’s goals exactly, I did do well. I’m actually pretty proud of my fitness endeavors as of late. I’ve been doing a good job of working on strength training and cross training and getting in my mileage. Anyway, onto the goals review:
- Run Thursday (3 miles treadmill) and strength training (core) – I got up early and ran 3 miles outside before work. I ended up skipping the strength training though.
- Run Saturday (8 miles) – My route came up short at 7.6 miles, and I needed to use the bathroom so I called it “good enough”
- Spin Sunday and strength training (upper body) – I actually ended up doing my run on Sunday because the weather was better so I didn’t spin. However, I did do the Saturday morning Kettlebell Intervals which is a full body ST workout.
- I also ended up doing a 30 minute solo spin session on Friday evening along with the ST I was supposed to do on Thursday.
- Track 7 days (particularly Super Bowl) – I didn’t do a very good tracking during the Super Bowl; however, I tracked everything else all week
- 2 beers max on Super Bowl Sunday – I didn’t drink anything on Sunday…but I did overdo it at darts last Wednesday.
- Eat out 2 times max – done.
The one thing I’ve really been focusing on lately is making sure I’m eating enough. This might seem kind of strange, but since I’ve started marathon training, and as I progress through it, it’s really important for me to be adequately fueling myself. Despite what you might thing from watching The Biggest Loser, marathon training really isn’t a great way to keep up weight loss. If you’re not adequately fueling you run the risk of poor runs, injury, etc. as well as actually halting weight loss because your body kicks into “starvation mode.” Alternatively, you can definitely end up eating way too much during marathon training because of the insane number of calories you’re burning.
So for my strategy, which seems to be working really well these last couple weeks, has been to use my earned activity points before my weekly points. I’m also making it a point to eat at least 50% of my earned activity points. I plan to keep reassessing this as I progress through training. If I’m constantly starving, I’ll probably increase my daily points or focus on eating more of my activity or weekly points. My goal is also to make sure I’m spending these points (mostly) on quality foods not just eating garbage because I can. I definitely think that will make a difference in my ability to keep losing weight.
I don’t really have any specific goals this week other than to make sure I get my long run in. It’s supposed to be chilly and snowy this weekend so there’s a good chance I’m going to have to force myself out the door, but it must be done. I cannot slack on these long runs…especially not early on while they’re “easy” mileage.